Spring Cleaning in the Autumn?
As well as breaking out the jumpers for the British Autumn it's also time to start doing some 'Spring cleaning' here at Pocket Pictures Ltd.
After running some wonderful Acting on Camera sessions, Showreel Sessions and shooting some wonderful monologues we've learned a lot about what actors need to thrive in the current commercial climate.
From the feedback and conversations we've had, we've now altered what we offer at the Telsen Studio, to make it easier to network and build your personal profile. So from October 1st:
- Showreel Sessions (and other upcoming sessions) will be held at daytime (2-5pm) and nighttime (6-9pm), so actors with other commitments during the day can still attend and network.
- The Telsen Studio will now be open for individual self-tapes to make it a no-fuss process. We've already started shooting self-tapes and pushing them out to agents.
- Charlie Duckerin has joined the team as our on-site photographer, so we can now offer high-quality headshots. Check out our Showreel and Headshots Quick start.
- Actor and former agent Sapphira Chattan is also working with us, creating a new modular course for actors, which will help actors understand the 'business' and book more work.
- We're also working on a membership scheme, which will give members access to online training material, podcasts and video courses.
And if that wasn't enough we're also going to be organising more regular meetups, so everyone can find out what's happening in and around the business as a whole.
So, please if you have any thoughts or ideas then get in touch. We're especially interested to talk with anyone who wants to offer skills-based courses or guidance to actors.
Happy October - The Pocket Pictures Team.