COURSE DATE: TBC Running Time: 10 am – 4 pm
Location: The Telsen Studio, Aston, Birmingham B6 4TN
Ideal for acting beginners and actors who have a grounding in theatre but want to learn about working on camera. (Introduction)
If you’re just starting your acting career and new to acting on camera, then this one day course will get you moving. In one session, (approx. 5-6 hrs) you’ll get familiar with everything you need to know about how a TV set works and what it’s like being ‘on camera’. You’ll also work with a real director to improve your on-camera technique.
The breakdown of this session is:
- (AM) Auditions. How to prepare for and handle auditions on camera, cold reading and preparation.
- (AM) Scripts. The important differences between theatre, TV and films scripts.
- (AM) Self Tapes. How to create one and making yourself look good.
- (PM) Acting on camera. Talking about camera shots, continuity, and expectations on set.
- (PM) Working on individual acting pieces (with direction) for your showreel.
The course will be split approximately 70% theory (videos and discussion) and 30% hands-on training (in front of a camera). Time: 10 am – 4 pm with a lunch break.
From this course, you will have one recorded item for your existing showreel or to kickstart your new showreel. These items will be available to download online at the end of the course unless otherwise arranged.
A maximum of 6 people will attend each session, and each session will be 2.5 hrs long. Coffee, tea, snacks and wifi are provided for the sessions.
Email the course tutor Mark Alexander Todd with any questions.