Supporting Artists, “Showreels and Headshots”.
Some of the busiest people in TV and film are Supporting Artists or SA’s. The only trouble is, despite plenty of on-set experience there is often very little featured screen time to show for it. Our showreels have helped many SA’s and actors secure agents and additional work.
This simple, high quality, showreel and headshot service that gives you: 1 x full-length showreel (consisting of two monologues) with titles, 2 x individual monologues with titles, and 3 x edited headshots (from approx 100 images) with three different ‘looks’. It’s ideal if you:
- Are an SA looking to get more featured parts
- You are looking to get an acting agent
- You are new to the business and have no headshots, or current showreel material to show your acting skills
- Need a professional looking showreel and/or headshots quickly
- Want to update an old showreel/headshots or combine new monologues with existing showreel material
What makes our showreel packages different is that we use 4K cameras a standard and you receive genuine instruction from a working director. This helps you to get the best from your time in front of camera. In the relaxed environment of the Telsen Studio you’ll be able to try out new on-camera techniques and develop your on-camera skills.
Like all our showreel material these (solo) monologues are also ‘produced’ meaning they will have a sound mix, music and be colour-graded to make you look ultimately professional. We can even film the performance against green screen* if you need a specific background added later.
What can I expect?
You’ll be working with a professional director, who will help and advise on each piece. Typically, each monologue will take an hour (approx) to film, allowing you as many ‘takes’ as you need to nail the performance. This is the same if you are working in the studio or on the studio green screen. We shoot all our scenes on high quality 4K cameras, high quality lenses and digital sound, so your scene will look and sound like it was created for TV.
After the filming we will edit the performance, with picture enhancements, adding music and effects if needed. Within 24 hours you’ll have the fully edited monologue, complete with titles showing your contact details, agent, spotlight number etc.
The monologue cost includes: 1 x director/camera person, and all equipment costs (4K camera, lenses, LED lighting, digital sound recording kit) and full HD editing/sound mixing. Delivery of full HD (1920 x 1080) version of the scene via WeTransfer.
* Some items like green screen compositing will have an additional cost due to extra editing time. Likewise, travel costs will apply if we film more than 10 miles away from the Telsen Studio. We will always tell you these costs in advance, there’s no misunderstanding.
What do I get?
We will shoot two (2) monologues and three (3) headshots for you in our studio. These will be supplied as follows:
- 1 x complete showreel (featuring your two monologues) approx. 2 mins – with titles and contact details/headshot front and back.
- 2 x your (individual) monologues with titles and contact details/headshot front and back.
- 3 x headshots in a variety of poses and wardrobe.
When we deliver the digital version of your showreel, we also deliver the individual monologues complete with titles. This means you can also send individual, relevant monologues to a director or casting director, with a simple link. We keep all our showreel footage on file, so they are easy to update at any time.
A simple and effective service.
- Before the shoot, we discuss the pieces you want to create, so we get a good selection to show off your talents.
- You come along to our studio with your two audition pieces.
- We rehearse and record those pieces, and you’ll be given professional ‘notes’ from the director along the way.
- You will then spend an hour working with our photographer to get you three distinct headshots for your Mandy or StarNow page.
- In the afternoon we’ll edit and produce your showreel, then deliver the completed showreel to you together with the download links.
- Your edited headshots will be delivered to you with 72 hours.
I want to get going what now?
All you need to do is purchase your service above. Once that’s done, email or call us (07447 592605) to book your studio date/time. This can be during the day or up till 9 pm at night on select days. Filming takes place at our studio in Aston, Birmingham and will take approximately 2-3 hours. If you need a monologue shot on green screen then contact us to discuss your options.
Showreel costs include all equipment hire, studio costs, production costs (editing, titles etc) and storage for 1 year. Filming away from the studio may incur additional travel and equipment costs. Additional re-editing and production are charged at £45/hour with a minimum charge of half an hour.
Contact us with any questions and we’ll find the right service for you.